Friday, December 3, 2010

December 3-Suffering, God's Gift

Good morning
Sleep has eluded me, so I will talk with you a few minutes. We are now in chapter 12 in our personal book titled "2010". What is written in your first 11 chapters? Although our stories may be different, the main figure in our book should be the same-Jesus Christ. Without Him, there is not story of value.

We all have memories of this year, some more vivid than others. Although some memories we'd like to forget let's remember that God promises that all things are for our good. Once again I remind you that although we do not understand what happens to us, we can rest assured that God sees it for our good. He love you and me.

I read the following quote today, and think it is a good thought as we live the last month of this year.
"Many of us crucify ourselves between two thieves—regret for the past and fear of the future." Fulton Oursler

Regret and fear can paralyze us. Let's give our past to the Lord, and trust Him for the future.

I will be bold and say, "One of God's gifts to us is suffering". Let's not waste the pain.

God bless you

No comments: