Monday, December 13, 2010

December 12-He Gives Me Rest

So tired...physically, mentally, emotionally. It is at these moments when everything seems to be going the wrong direction. Satan is there to offer discouragement, disappointment, anything to get my eyes off Jesus. Meetings tomorrow, Patrick to Haiti on Wed. Casting for the permanent prosthesis on Thurs. Trying to find housing for our move to Miami. And this is Christmas season? I'm really not complaining, I'm just saying...

But Jesus calls me unto Him with the promise He will give me rest. I can nestle in His arms and relax. I can trust Him to take all my cares upon Him. Knowing this, brings comfort and confidence that yes, all will be well even if I don't see it yet.

The offered gift today is rest. In this season of busyness, preparing for the holidays, rest seems to elude most people. Shopping, baking, festivities, family, programs, and the list goes on. So fun, so much joy. Even in this, we need rest.

Jesus says, to come to Him and He will give us rest. Take that gift and enjoy it!! There is no better rest than in Jesus. I see that gift wrapped with His arms!!

God bless you

No comments: