Tuesday, December 14, 2010

December 14-Today is His Gift to Me

Eleven days until Christmas. Each day is a gift God gives us. What we do with that gift is our responsibility. God leads us in the way. Each day we have the privilege of living that day for God's glory.

Today I didn't do so well. I really wanted to have more energy, a better leg to walk on so that I could help Patrick prepare for Haiti. This morning there were no suitcases packed yet (that's been my job for years), errands to run and he left for Miami this afternoon. I did help pack suitcases but not without pain. He helped as well. Together we accomplished the job.

The bright side is that I can walk, I am not using my walker, and I am not living in a tent. But you see, satan would have me concentrate on the painful side of life instead of on the Lord.

Pray for Patrick. Pray for protection against cholera. Pray the violence won't start again.

Thank God for your "today".

God bless you

No comments: