Thursday, December 23, 2010

December 23-Give the Best Gift

The holiday is upon us now. I am sitting here remembering Christmases past. When Rachel and Agape were small, we encouraged them every Christmas to go through their toys and share a toy with someone that has none. We lived in Haiti, and Christmas wasn't a big holiday. But Rachel especially loved Christmas and loved to give. It was always interesting to see what toys they chose to give away. Many times they chose more than one, and they chose the child they wanted to give their gift to.

One year Rachel came to me and had her doll that her grandma had given her several years prior. This is a special doll, it was from her grandma. When she told me she is giving it to someone, I tried to convince her that there must be another gift she could choose. But she was determined. I heard a still small voice, "Don't quench the giving spirit of a child." I was ashamed. She had chosen her best toy. Sacrificial giving.

God's gift to us was His best! Christmas blessings to all.

God bless you

No comments: