Wednesday, December 29, 2010

December 29-My Mind on Him

Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You."

Toys picked up, grandkids in bed, and the house is quiet. This verse came to mind. Perfect peace. How often my mind is not resting in perfect peace. Worry. Oh no!! That is when my mind is not on Jesus. My mind has wandered to the cares of the day. I'm usually wondering how everything will be completed in time. I don't know why I do this. If I keep my mind on Him, then everything will get done that needs doing.

The question is—have I done all that needs to be accomplished this year? What was on my "schedule" that God didn't put there? A long time ago a pastor said "If we say we don't have enough time to do all God's work then we are doing things that God didn't call us to do." That sums it up. All God's work is important, but I can't do it all. My mind must be fixed on Him then peace will come.

I would remind you that there are great blessings in keeping our mind on Him and doing the work of the Lord!!

God is so good.

God bless you

No comments: