Thursday, December 16, 2010

December 16-A Call

Tonight our gift is a call.

Jeremiah 33:3 "Call on me in prayer and I will answer you. I will show you great and mysterious things which you still do not know about."

Patrick called this evening from Haiti. It was so good hearing from him. Even though he hasn't been gone long, it was still good to hear his voice.

God gives us the gift to call on Him. Not only may we call on Him, He promises to answer us. This is more than a phone call. This is a prayer. Perhaps our cell phones are used more often than our prayers.

I am so thankful that I can call on God night or day. He is waiting with open ears and arms to receive me. He doesn't put me on hold (well sometimes it seems like it). There isn't a texting message, except for the Bible. Not a voice mail, or just not answering because He checks who it is, sees it is me again, so conveniently hangs up.

No, He hears our prayers and our calls. He answers. He loves us.

God bless you

No comments: