Saturday, May 7, 2011

What if?

I was wondering what I should share, then opened Facebook, and found the following written by a friend. I believe after you read it, the message will speak loud and clear. It did for me.

"Even when we have studied, learned, and yearned to shift out mindsets to contentment without riches, to laying one's own life down for another, and to speak truth even under the heavy hand of persecution... we can still find all these things worthless if pride, glory, and namesake are the driving factors. What if no one knew, no one cared, and no one recorded anything you've ever done?

What if, in the good deeds your life has spoken and wrought, not even you found assurance or solace? What if you loved with all your heart and not a soul knew it or returned it? I find these the things that are wrong with my faith. We can't GIVE or DO or LOVE if the reasons we do them are for other PEOPLE to smile on us." Chuck.

God help us to be true in our motives.

God bless you

No comments: