Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Beau-tea

Today was one of those days. One of those days when I was looking at the bottom of the bucket, and asking God, "How will we ever manage?" But God, was looking at the blessings pouring over the rim of the bucket, saying, "Worry not my child, I'll manage."

Today was a tired, and actually a very down time for me. Then the mail came. There was a care package from a friend I have met since the quake (actually haven't met her in person yet). A special little teacup devotional book, and some tea cookies. How special! Now remember I wasn't so down yet when she sent it, but it arrived at the moment I needed it!

I quickly read the first devotional which speaks of beauty. Ahh I think this morning I noticed every age spot on my arms and face, every wrinkle, and a bit of a bad hair day. Then the verse was 1 Peter 3:3-4 "Your beauty..should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." I certainly needed to hear that. Isn't it great that God doesn't even see the age spots? I love it.

Oh I need to mention that God also sent some extra finances along the way to help pay some bills. God is so good. Yes, He is Good even if He wouldn't have blessed me so much today. He is ever faithful!!

So don't worry, if you have age spots, God only sees your spirit. You are beautiful!

God bless you



No comments: