Saturday, May 14, 2011

Perception of a 4 year old

Promise is such a joy, and often will surprise us with her perception of things.

I was asking her if she's like her great-grandma to come visit again. She looked at me and said, "No, it is just too hard." "Too hard? What do you mean?" I asked. "Well, we couldn't keep her here. I tried to lock the gate, but she had the key and money to break out anyway. So now it is too hard." Smile.

Even though Great grandma was a blessing and Promise loved her here, she now sees the good-by being too painful to have a visit again. So like us. We put a lot of emphasis on the hardship instead of the blessings.

When the nurse came today to give me my injection, she had her stethoscope to check my heart, etc. Promise looked at the nurse and said, "You are using a stethoscope." We were amazed, I didn't know she knew that word, and the nurse was quite surprised. All the more reason to set a good example as she is listening to our conversation.

Be careful. Someone is listening to you too.

God bless you

No comments: