Monday, May 23, 2011

Sharing Stories

Different people have shared their story with me the past several days. Life experiences, dreams, testimonies of God's definite answer to prayers. Today my sister sent a newspaper clipping of a story of a young haitian man who now lives in Miami who lost his wife and 12 year old daughter in the quake. But he and his 8 year old daughter now live here, she was under the rubble for 2 days. She had her right arm amputated.

Need I say, I am on a roll. I need to find this man and his daughter. I want to meet them. I want to hear their story. I am thankful for the churches that stepped up to the plate, and helped him get settled, as he states, "in a new place where we neither know the language nor culture."

You have a story. I have a story. Not the same but a story from God just the same. Let's share it.

Tonight I feel more "normal" than I have since surgery 2 weeks ago. The pain is less, as well. Thank you to all my friends for praying. I desire to be fervent in prayer for those who have needs around us.

God bless you

No comments: