Monday, May 16, 2011

Captive thoughts

2 Corinthians 10:5 "Casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity the the obedience of Christ."

All day I have battled with being very tired, my thoughts turned toward more negative things, and that made me more tired. For you see, our minds are the battleground. There is where satan attacks, and what better way to attack when my body is already weak, and not as active. More time to think of everything.

Then I began studying about bringing every thought captive. There is only one way to do this: Identify the problem, pray (giving it to God), believe the truth that God speaks, think on those things that are worthy, replace the negative with the Word of God.

For me, it is most important into the thought capturing process to make sure we fill our thoughts with God's Word. I'm still tired, my mind is still tired, but it isn't depressed. For if I know the truth, the Truth shall make me free!

Lord, help me to think on that which is noble, trustworthy, good, just, pure and of good report.

God bless you

No comments: