Sunday, May 22, 2011

Choose you this Day

One more Sunday morning at home. One more Sunday. As I was sitting here, listening to a message by Greg Laurie on "If you knew this was your last year on earth" how would I live differently? Would I live differently? This started me thinking of my last year. It has been so different. Actually very little of life has been "normal" as I had known it.

I began to talk to the Lord. I told Him how much I miss being up and about. I miss getting into a car and driving to the store. I miss traveling. I miss standing in the shower. I miss being able to play hide n seek with my grandkids. It takes a lot of effort to keep pushing forward.

Then the question came—will you choose your former life or Jesus? Does this mean I wasn't serving the Lord before? I don't think so. I do think the question was Do I want more of Him? Or would I rather be satisfied with what I had.

The challenge for me is to choose this day to grow deeper into the life of my Lord, and not desiring what was. He will take me to heights I cannot understand. Eternity will open my eyes.

I challenge you as well to not spend our time on "the good ole days" but on the glorious walk that God chooses for us today.

I hope you had a wonderful day of worship.

God bless you.


No comments: