Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cloudy Mirror

I Corinthians 13:12 "For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known."

As I think of my upcoming surgery, I tend to wonder why I'm still struggling with this leg. Then I thought of this verse where I am looking in a cloudy mirror. I'm not seeing the whole picture. I may see what is happening but not the why's of it. One day I will see Him face to face, then I'll know. But I think when I stand in His presence the things that seem to be so important now won't be at all then. Only His glory and worship will matter.

I can count away many "maybe's" of why I'm going through surgery, but it really doesn't matter. What matters is that God be glorified. It is important that I proclaim His name. The medical field is a mission field. A couple weeks ago when I was having a cardiogram, I was remarking to the tech that was performing the test what a wonder the heart is. How wonderful it works, and how God was the creator of it. Then she told me she just recently returned to the Lord after her brother was shot. It was a blessing to meet her.

Wherever you are, and whatever path God takes you, know that there is a purpose. The why's may be hidden behind the cloudy mirror. One day we shall see HIm face to face. Praise God.

Good night

No comments: