Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The battle

I love the quote, "It isn't the battle that defines me, but how I react to it."

When I awoke this morning, and again felt like my mind was being attacked with "drugs", my heart sank. I had such a good day yesterday. But I trudged through the morning, and took a nap this afternoon. Tonight I feel better again. This is a physical battle. But my attitude towards physical battles are very important.

Actually, I do strongly believe that a good, positive attitude is 80% of healing and recovery. Medicine and drugs can help, of course. But a smile goes a long way. In Haiti, I remember telling people, "if you don't feel good, go bless someone. You will be amazed how much better you feel." What that does is get our mind off our problems and focus on someone else's problems which are usually worse than ours anyway.

Don't let the battle bring you down. PRAY!! A weapon in our battles!!

God bless you.

No comments: