Friday, May 13, 2011

Perfect Treasure

Matthew 21:14 "If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

"Treasure" has been ringing over and over again this evening. Then when I read this verse, I was reminded once again my treasure is not earthly wealth. I should never let earthly wealth stand in my way of serving others or the Lord.

As I look around our house, and see so many treasures and blessing that you have shared with us I am overwhelmed at the goodness of God. But as beautiful as your gifts are, I know that you are even more beautiful. The treasures in our home will come to an end, but you will not. We will spend eternity with our Lord. Now that is treasure!! God continues to place people in our path that challenge us, bless us, and we can see Jesus through them.

While I was in the hospital, one of the nursing assistants was a Haitian. Her face glowed with the love of Jesus. She was so full of joy. That is treasure.

Do others see us as a treasure, or a burden? Let's invest in our heavenly treasures. Let's invest in others.

I am feeling good. Pain management is the first item on the recovery agenda. The doctor thinks 4-6 weeks of recovery before starting with prosthesis again.

Again, thank you for praying, your notes of encouragement, your love and friendship.

God bless you

1 comment:

Stanley said...

We are cheering you on. I hope you can hear us. I can be pretty loud maybe it is good we are far away.
May every cell enjoy doing it's part to make you, well,healthy and content.
Love Stan and Pauline