Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Own Understanding

Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not to your own understanding."

Lean not on my understanding. My understanding is beset with wrong perceptions, self, hurts, rebellion. Why would I want to take my understanding instead of God's? But we do, don't we? We think we can figure it out on our own. When we have made a total mess of things, then we cry out to God "Why?"

And He tenderly reaches out with His hand, and takes us in His arms and loves us back to peace of heart. I was studying today, and the quote from Oswald Chambers struck a chord in my heart, "If you will remain true to God, God will lead you directly through every barrier and right into the inner chamber of the knowledge of Himself."

The past 2 weeks have been difficult, feeling like I went to bed with a cloudy brain and woke up with the same. I couldn't concentrate, not read for long, etc. But last night I started feeling a bit different. Today I woke up feeling rested and ready for the day. God did take me through another barrier, even when I felt unable to pray. But He is faithful.

Don't despair. Trust the Lord with all your heart. He is only a prayer away. He is always there with a listening ear.

Have a good night and God bless you

No comments: