Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Prayer

Have you ever had a song go over and over in your mind, like all day long. That is what happened to me today. All day long, the song The Prayer by Josh Grobin has been in my mind.

I don't know anything about Josh Grobin, but the lyrics to the first verse is a prayer that God will be our eyes and watch where we go, help me to be wise, in times I when I don't know.

How true! I need Him in the times I do not know where I'm going. I need Him when I'm needing to make decisions that I don't know the answer. I need Him to lead me to a place where I'll be safe, guided by His grace. (2nd stanza)

I have so much to learn at His feet. Today I am needy for His wisdom. I'm really battling with having the right motives for what I do. I want my decisions to be for His Glory. I feel so blessed that God still loves us unconditionally, and wants us in His family. I am a pleasure to Him. A pleasure? That is beyond my comprehension. Thank you Lord for your everlasting love! You are so good, Lord!

God bless you

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for reminding me of this song. I sang it for my grandson's baby dedication, but had forgotten about it. The words happen to be just what I need to hear in regards to a financial dilemma we have. Love you and am praying for you!