Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Surgery

Philippians 4:7 "and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

This was the verse that I remembered as I went into surgery in Haiti 7 years ago (wow, can't believe it has been that long ago) since I broke my hip.You can read about this in my book. And now today, I am preparing myself for another surgery. This time on my leg, a revision of my amputation. The same God now as then. Satan has been throwing his darts for many days now. Trying to steal that peace. Yesterday was a hard hit.

The promise is the same, He will guard my heart and mind through Christ Jesus. The peace of God is not explainable. The carnal person cannot understand this. And I, God's child, cannot explain it. Peace when all around there is trouble, catastrophes, terrorists, etc. Yet God's gift to us is peace.

So today as I go to surgery, and then recovery for the next weeks, I pray for that peace. I pray for the doctor for wisdom and clarity of mind. I pray.

For those of you who are new to the blog, my book "Under the Rubble" is available online www.livingwordhaiti.org (barb's book) or contact me by email zebrapb @me.com

God bless you.

No comments: