Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thankful?

What are you thankful for today? Or was your schedule beyond your control, so thanksgiving took a back burner?

I was making eggs for my dinner tonight, and just remembered how the eggs were in Haiti. I'm thankful for fresh eggs. I'ma also thankful that Patrick has arrived safely in Miami, the first leg of his trip to Haiti. Tomorrow morning he is scheduled to fly to Haiti. I am thankful someone is sharing their home with us. I look out at the rain and know many in Haiti are living in leaking tents.

Patrick will have a heavy schedule the next 2 weeks. Pray for him.
Pray for Rachel, she is sick.
Pray my prosthesis is in next week. Wouldn't be great if I were walking when Patrick arrived back home? I thought so too.
Pray for Kaye, she will be traveling home soon

We love you and God bless you

1 comment:

Stella said...

Thanks Barb,
I always enjoy your thought provoking postings. I especially liked your July 2nd one about looking for the return of Jesus and using our independence wisely. Sometimes I think I am too independent and need to rely on God more and also to get help from other folks who are wiser then me.
Thursday was the funeral of Ada Gingerich. The mother of Mary, Diana, Sally, Regina and Grace. You surely know Mary and Ernie and likely remember the others too, from Shikinah and Sarasota in general. Ada had been living with Ernies for the past 18mo since her husband Uria died. Her health was failing, but her spirit was bright and her testimony for the Lord so sharp. She died at Ernie & Mary's home peacefully surrounded by family early last monday morning. Palm Grove has had 6 funerals in the past 6 months and it is a good reminder of the shortness of our days and the Hope we have in Jesus.
I think of you often and can only imagine what you and your family have been through. It is great how God has given your grace and healing and the determination to keep on trusting during these difficult times. You are in my regular prayers. One of these times when you are in Sarasota, I would love to see you!