Saturday, July 31, 2010

Fun Day

Grandkids are here. We have painted, colored, played with cards and ate pancakes.

I was in training yesterday afternoon. I didn't do so well. I walked a lot, but the pain was quite intense. So there was a lot of resting times between the walking. I am trying again today. All a process.

Isaiah 6:8, speaks of the people refusing the soft flowing waters of Shiloh. Then after that God says that the waters of the enemy will flood the banks.

I was thinking about this, and wondered how often I have refused the gentle nudging of the spirit until the Lord sent a harsher warning. How about, how often we have what is sufficient for living (not all we "want"), but start to complain and thankless. Then we get what we want, and life becomes miserable. Could it be that we just weren't thankful for the "gentle waters" and then suffered because of our dissatisfaction with what we had.

God is Good. God is faithful. Let us be thankful for His Goodness.

May God bless you each one


No comments: