Thursday, July 15, 2010

Heavy weight

I think that best describes my prosthesis, a heavy weight. Do you know how heavy it feels when there has been no weight there for 6 months? It is heavy! My arms have gotten exercise the past months, now it is time for Peggy to step up to the plate and get a work-out. I haven't walked far yet, but am working at it. One day at a time, with one step at a time.

Just received news from Haiti. All is well. The conference is going well. This afternoon there is a wedding there, one of our pastors is getting married. He pastors the church in Demeline.

Our wonderful friend and helper, Kaye, during the first 3 months of our "adventure" is now back in town after spending 3 months in Switzerland.

"Contentment is the sense of satisfaction of having what one desires, or not desiring more than what one does not have." (Alister Begg) Can I be content without desiring more? My question is this: If I have what I desire will I be content, or will I only desire more?

"Contentment with godliness is great gain" I Timothy 6:6. Is my contentment in the realms of godliness?

Continue to pray for Patrick, Agape and the others in Haiti. Tomorrow is the final day of conference.
Pray for me as I adjust to the prosthesis.

We love you and God bless you each one

No comments: