Thursday, July 29, 2010

Work out

I am tired. Big day. My doctor visit went well. But now I'm to put more effort into the walking. I can't believe how tired I am. It's a good tired.

I have thought about choices today. The doctor asked me, "Barb, if you could have chosen would you rather had a mastectomy or the amputation? Please don't answer, just think about." And I have been thinking about it. Both are difficult, and both are life changing. I am so glad I don't have the choice. God knew what I could handle and what was best for me. Would I have rather had an arm amputation than a leg? Patrick has adjusted so well with one arm. But would I have?

It comes down to this: God gave us what was best for us. Patrick needed 2 legs to stand to teach and preach. I needed 2 hands to take care of the house and type, write, sign checks, etc. Someone asked me the other day, "Have you ever asked God why?" I can honestly say, no I haven't. If it is important, then some day I will know. Oh I can imagine why but have no definite answer. It's ok.

God is Good!
I hope you had a good day.
God bless you.

Please pray for our dear friend today who had surgery. Pray for his wife as she helps him through this.
Pray for another friend who lost her father, and also for my brother in law whose father passed away too.

No comments: