Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Be not dismayed

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee; be not dismayed; for I am thy God; I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; I will uphold thess with the right hand of my righteousness." Isaiah 41:10

"There is a difference between being burdened and doing strenuous things. In a world where so many things we chase for gratification leave us depleted, Jesus is promising that when we take up our cross and follow Him, He can give us rest—that restorative, nurturing, and rekindling strength that gives us the power to face what life brings or Satan throws in our paths." (Phil Ware)

"The burden is not necessarily removed, but our thoughts and responses are changed as we begin to love HIm, believe HIs promises, and rely on His power. Then, as the weight of the affliction shifts from our shoulders to His, we will discover relief, although the situation may remain unchanged." (C. Stanley)

Wonderful lunch with wonderful friends. Now the rest of the afternoon needs to be dedicated to finish packing and have Patrick ready for take-off tomorrow.

May God bless you each one!






No comments: