Thursday, June 10, 2010

A short leg

Today I went to Agape's house. Other friends were there as well. So I was sitting on a chair by the pool to watch the grandchildren swim. One of the 3 year olds said to her mother, "Mom, she really has a short leg". Funny.

Our 2 grandchildren from the DR have arrived. What a joy they are!! Promise, 3 yrs old, wondered why grandma walked "like that with that thing". Smile. She wanted to look at the "ouwee" she has been praying for a long time.

I am so ready for a "leg". I am ready to be able to walk again. To be honest, I'm tired of sitting. I know it will take some work to get accustomed to a prosthesis. I hope I will do well. I pray I will. I really don't know what to expect. My prayer is that I do my best with the best attitude no matter how difficult it will be. Determination.

Isaiah 26:3 "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee; because he trusteth in Thee." So there I have it...if I am not satisfied it is because my mind, thoughts have started to wander from Him. It is easy to be a bit overwhelmed when I see the condition of the world and its trend away from God. Even in this, He will give me peace, but a burden.

Pray for Patrick. He is still in Haiti, he is in the village now.
Pray for God's preparation for my prosthesis.
We pray for you. We love you and feel so blessed to have you praying for us.

God bless you

No comments: