Sunday, June 13, 2010

Encouraged

A few days ago I wrote on Faith or Fear. A very dear friend of mine encouraged me to read Is. 12:2. I found it very inspiring, but thought the whole chapter was for sharing. This is a chapter of praise and needing to share the wonders of God among the people. People everywhere are discouraged, enraged, or just in need of a wonderful God that can be their salvation. Let's declare His goodness wherever we are.
Isaiah 12: 1-6 "And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and mysong; he also is become my salvation.3 Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.4 And in that day shall ye say, Praise tHE LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.5 Sing uNTO THE LORD; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth.6 Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee."
I was in bed, but sleep eluded me once again. Everything is quiet. The world around me sleeps. This would be a perfect time for praying. For those of you who also have problems sleeping at times, I have prayed the alphabet, pray for people whose names start with A, b, c , etc. I have yet to get through the alphabet before falling asleep.
Tomorrow Patrick arrives home. Tuesday I should have my prosthesis. I wonder how it will be to start walking again. The past 2 weeks have been the most difficult times, just seems everyone else is now healed and normal since the quake, but I am still sitting and waiting. I know it is because Patrick went to Haiti again. But God has His purpose. I want to take this joyfully and thankfully. It is therein, that I have my strength. I have come so far, I will go further.
Pray for Agape, he is sick. Pray the children do not "catch" whatever it is he has.Pray for Rachel as she is carrying the "mother" role for 3 children now, plus mom. Pray for Patrick's safe arrival home.
Have a good night. God bless you.

No comments: