Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Where to Start?

It is 11:00 am and I am asking, "Where do I start?" Your question may be, "What, you are only starting your day?"
The answer is "No." But I have been at it since 7:00 and find myself going nowhere fast. It's one of those days, "the faster I go, the be-hinder I get."

So I can throw up my hands and decide the work won't get done anyway, so why try? Or I can decide to move forward step by step, and hope by this evening there will be a significant difference on the desk. Hmm, which will it be? Probably move ahead, after all I see the deadline coming up all too soon.

So I see this in relationships. We try to amend, be friendly and kind, love, or whatever the situation may be. The more we try the more contankerous the other person becomes. So many times we throw up our hands and quit trying to befriend them. But there is a deadline...our last day on earth, which we do not know when it is.

I do not mean to say to comply to every whim and wish to the one you are trying to win for Jesus. There is this thing called tough love. Love them through the difficult times. Our enemies know when we love them or not.

May I encourage you (and me) to continue working through the rubble of relationship, show love, be generous in kindness, and don't forget to pray for them. You may not see a big difference in a day or a year, but one day, you will be rewarded for your faithfulness.

Have a great day....I will too, as I work through the piles of papers on my desk.

God bless you

No comments: