Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Word of God

Hebrews 4:12 "For the Word of God is living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

Today is the day of worship. We go to the house of the Lord, expecting to hear the Word of God. But do we really value it? Does the word fall on fertile soil, or is it soon choked out with the busyness of life?

I asked myself how much I really value God's Word. I really wish I would have memorized scriptures more when I was younger. Now memorization is more difficult. But even if it is more difficult, I can control the time I spend in reading God's Word.

Where we spend our hours will give us a clue of God's importance to you and me? Does TV and sports consume most of our free time? I'm just asking...

God bless you

No comments: