Thursday, November 3, 2011

Keep Silence

Habakkauk 2:20 "But the Lord is in His holy temple, Let all the earth keep silence before Him."

The verses prior to this, is speaking of the ridiculousness of praying and crying out to images. Many images are overlaid with gold, bronze, silver yet have no breath in them. I remember the story Patrick tells when he was a little boy and his grandmother told him how St Michel (the catholic patron in his home town) was dropped during the parade, and broke into a thousand pieces. When Patrick was older, and told his grandma he was going to quit praying to Mother Mary and the saints as they are just wood, and couldn't help him anyway. His grandmother was appalled at the disrespect he showed. So the final statement was, "Grandma, you told me that. If St. Michel can't help himself when he falls, how can he help me with my school work."

I ask myself, how many times do I treat the Lord as an idol, and demand Him to "get up and do something," "do this," "when are you going to give me an answer?"

He is the Lord, He is Holy and I need to stand in awe of Him and keep silent before Him. This is a time of worship and not always a time of asking. It is not about me, but all about Him.

God bless you

No comments: