Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Scaling the Wall


For You are my lamp, O LORD; the LORD shall enlighten my darkness.  For by You I can run against a troop; by my God I can leap over a wall.  As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the LORD is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him. (2 Samuel 22:29-31 NKJV)
It is so good to be reminded that God is my light. He enlightens the darkness. He fights for me, even He can scale the high walls. So when I am in situations that I feel enclosed in walls without an escape, God can go beyond the wall. His way is perfect. Being His child, there are times when He allows me to be in walled in experiences. He can break those walls. He can fight and win every situation.

Leaping over a wall is not on my agenda at this point. So I am very thankful that God can do it for me. My thankfulness is when I can put on my prosthesis each morning, and walk without pain. That is leaping over a wall for me!!

More than anything, His way is perfect for me! He knows what is ahead, and He knows what was behind. He knows the "why's" of every situation. His word has and continually is proven. He is truth.

I've been teaching the grandchildren, "I am the way, the truth, the life." Every time one of them asks, "What does that mean?"  Each time I tell them again, "Jesus is the way to Heaven. Jesus is the Truth, He cannot lie. And He gives us life that never ends." What a blessing that I can have these special moments with them.

So today, if you find yourself in a dark experience, He is your lamp.
If you are between a rock and hard place, He can leap over the wall.
If you wonder today, if His promises can be trusted, yes they can. His Word has been proven.
If you are in danger, He is your shield.

God bless you

No comments: