Monday, April 26, 2010

We are back

Home from Cincinnati, packing for Haiti.

Patrick and Agape are off to Haiti this week. Rachel and I will stay here and let me continue to heal.

It was a great weekend. God is so good. The pastor in Cincinnati handed us a paper Sunday before church, and said his friend wrote it and he thought we may enjoy it. Well, well. The verse at the top of the page was I Peter 4:12-14 "Beloved think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, some strange thing happened unto you; But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; ...but on your part He is glorified"
These are the verses I read about a week before the quake. The article was on Suffering. Patrick's message that morning was on suffering. Then when we entered the church, on the overhead was the verse from Lamentation 3:22 "His compassions fail not..." Again, a verse Patrick has used often in his messages. The last song the worship team sang was "God is Good"...not knowing that Patrick was singing God is so good" during the 18 hours in the rubble!!

Traveling made me very tired, even though I used wheel chairs in the airport, there was still some hopping on the walker to be done. I was surprised that flying really bothered me. Actually, I confess, I was a bit angry. Before the quake I loved traveling and airports. Even the airport floor was "moving" at one time. No not quake moving, but enough to feel it. Maybe a plane landing?? But now, I may opt to travel by car. But of course, this was my first real travel experience since the quake. I know I was in a plane from Haiti to Miami. But that time we were in "la-la land". :) I need to pray this one through.

We hope you all had a great weekend. We pray that God will bless you each one!!


No comments: