Monday, April 12, 2010

"Oh no"

Ok so now I will confess to you all...We went to Ft. Walton Beach for the weekend. When I was dressing for church Sunday morning, I reach for my shoe and guess what? I picked up the wrong shoe!! I only had one, but it was not the one I needed!! So I wore my tennis shoe to church, not bad, it just didn't quite match the dress. Go ahead and laugh. I did!!

It was a fun weekend, seeing old friends and making some new ones. We love seeing what God is doing in churches and in the lives of His children in many different places. That is amazing how God can keep His Hand on His children every where. I could hardly keep my hand on 2 children.

The rains have started in Haiti. In 30 minutes of a down pour, 6 inches of rain entered the tents camps. There was so much rain in the villages, that church was cancelled yesterday morning.

Patrick and Agape are on their way to Miami to drop the truck at the dock to be shipped to Haiti. Patrick has meetings planned with pastors/leaders in Haitian churches in Miami. We are praying for leaders to help with the work among the haitian communities there.

I was reading Psalm 137:4 a bit ago. The children of Israel sat down and wept, they hung their harps in the willow trees and wept for the destruction of Jerusalem and their captivity. Their captors asked them to sing one of the songs, but they said "How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?" Some days that is how we feel. Just to sit and weep over the destruction of Haiti. The "little" we can do there won't change a lot in the physical destruction of Haiti. So to preach and share God's word is the best gift we can give that has lasting effects. As Patrick told the people in Haiti, "The quake cannot change people. Only the Lord can do that."

Thanks to all of you who have shared your blessings for the needs in Haiti. Someone said to us this weekend, "we just aren't able to do very much". God looks on the heart for a willing giver, and that is what counts. In God's eyes a cup of water to a thirsty soul has a reward.

We pray for you and thank God for you.

Pray for safety as Agape and Patrick travel to and from Miami. Pray for the meetings in Miami.
Pray for the new believers in Haiti.
Pray for Barb for complete healing.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying for Agape (I love his name!) and Patrick as they travel to Miami and for Patrick as he shares with the churches. Praying for Barb's healing and for the spiritual and physical healing of Haiti and that the Lord will protect them through the rainy season. We will trust that the Lord will bring much good out of all that has happened. Even though we may never meet here on earth my heart and prayers are with you. Lorrie

Unknown said...

I often wake up with a cloud of despair over me--the burdens of this life. Praise to our mighty Lord makes it move away! Praise the Lord Oh my soul and all that is within me praise His Holy Name! Praise the Lord Oh my soul and all that is within me praise His Holy Name! He has done great things! He has done great things! He has done great things, praise His Holy Name! Have a blessed day! Lorrie

Barb Lataillade said...

We know that cloud of despair isn't from the Lord. We know the enemy doesn't want us to see the Light. Praising the Lord will move the cloud. Keep on praising Him.