Friday, April 9, 2010

Mac Truck morning

Have you ever had a mac truck morning? You know, feeling like you've been hit and trying to find your senses. That's funny, like having a wall fall on me. That's what I feel like this morning. Feelings...ahh, we can be so distorted in our thinking by feelings.

Feelings, then imaginations...all of which are usually false. Like feeling someone doesn't like you, or someone meant to do you harm...or that your husband meant to make you angry, or your neighbor is purposely ignoring you. Most of the time these feelings have no truth. It is satan's way of starting anger, hatred, etc.

Even the phantom pain feeling, yes, it is pain but the foot isn't even there. How can that be? How can something that isn't even a part of my body anymore keep me awake at night?

So this feeling takes me to Lamentations 3:21-23 "This I recall in my mind, therefore I have hope. It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning, great is they faithfulness.

So did I really get hit by a mac truck? Of course not, false feelings, just a way to describe how I feel.
The bottom line is Great is His Faithfulness, His compassions fail not, and are new every morning!! I'm so glad I don't need to count on my feelings or that wonderful cup of coffee to get me through the day!!

Today Lord, help me to trust you more...yes, even more than coffee to get me through the day.


No comments: