Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Getting dressed

I'm thinking Colossians 3 this morning.

I am commanded to get undressed: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of my mouth, lies.
I am commanded to get dressed: merciful, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, long-suffering, patience with others, forgiveness and then tie it all together with love.

That is a lot of "dressing". Lord, help me look into the mirror of your Word and get dressed properly for the day. Help me be more concerned of my heart than my face. My heart condition will show on my face.

This is a quiet day, no appointments. A good time to catch up with "office work", writing, etc. Today I want to "run" or walk with 2 feet. Today I want to do laundry, wash dishes, cook, clean. Today I am want to be thankful for 1 leg and good health. Today I am thankful that my incision is healing and soon I will be on the process of a prosthesis.

Today I am thankful for friends, for family and most of all for Jesus.

I don't want to waste Today...we are not promised tomorrow.

Celebrate Jesus today

1 comment:

Chris said...

Although I am just reading this post now, it is timely; God knew. Thank you for being used of Him & writing it. :-)