Saturday, April 10, 2010

Disquieted Soul

Psalm 42:4-5 "These things I remember, and pour out my soul within me, How I went with the throng, and led them to the house of God, With the voice of joy and praise, a multitude keeping holyday. Why art thou cast down, O my soul? And why art thou disquieted within me? Hope thou in God; for I shall yet praise him For the help of his countenance."

These verses were on my heart this morning, thinking how often we are just like David. He was celebrating a holy day with a multitude of people. He led them to the House of God. They had a praise service. And what happened right after that? His soul was sad and troubled.

OH our enemy is so busy to keep our hearts troubled. Yes, even after many miracles and seeing God's hand in our lives. Even then, they enemy tries to creep in and take away our joy! If he can steal our joy, then our strength in the Lord starts to wane. But our hope is in God. We can have His face shine on ours. Our battle is not in the flesh. We are warriors and soldiers in the Lord's army.

Rachel is my nurse-maid, dressing my wound every day. She says it is healing nicely. Took a few tries for her to do without wanting to pass out. Although she has been a CNA for several years, she says it is so different when it is "mom" she is working on.

Patrick enjoyed "running" in the rest area today with his grandson. We are visiting Ft. Walton Beach this weekend (Calvary Chapel Emerald Coast).

Patrick and I were talking about when it will be possible for me to visit Haiti. I thought August, so I can go with the surgery team. He disagrees with me. He is certain it won't be possible for me to be healed, prepared for the prosthesis and stable walking with it. That was enough to put the challenge on the race track...I'm finding ways to exercise my "Peggy Eileen", so that I am ready to "run" when my prosthesis time is here. Do you sense of "wanting to prove my husband wrong"? Oh no!! It will be fun trying anyway.

Have a wonderful weekend

No comments: