Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Be Diligent

Patrick is home, after being in Haiti 6 weeks. It has been so good to talk and "catch up" with life. He has had so many experiences. It is always good to have news from Haiti.


Today was one of those days that I didn't take time to read and meditate on God's Word. All of a sudden, I remembered and was ashamed that busyness had taken over. I want to read through Psalm 119, but meditate on each verse as I go. I just started this a few days ago. Since I didn't read a verse this morning, I opened the Bible a few minutes ago, and this is what I found.


Psalm 119:4-5 "You have commanded your precepts to be kept diligently. Oh that my ways may be steadfast in keeping your statutes!"


I was not very diligent today. The enemy loves it when I am too busy to read the Bible. Those are also the days when so many things creep into thought life. I ask myself, "How long will it take me to be steadfast in His statutes?" Another version gave it as being diligent in keeping his laws. I picture that as a person who is pressing forward to learn and obey. Like a housewife who is diligent, she is picking up dirty clothes, dusting furniture, washing dishes, bringing in fresh flowers...she cleans the dirt out and bring the fragrance in.


That is what I need to do on a daily basis...clean out the ugly and let God replace it with the beautiful. That is diligence.


God bless you

1 comment:

jennt said...

I feel the same way. It doesn't take that much time to read God's Word daily.It is so important,yet I let the busyness of the day get to me. Thanks for the reminder.