Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Spider Web

Ephesians 5:15 "Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise.." In KJV it says to walk circumspectly..walking very very carefully. Not to walk into evil unknowingly. Having our eyes wide open and even more our spirit directed by the Lord.


I have spent many days walking carefully, and continue to do so. Each step is very important. Running a vacuum takes concentration, watching where the cord is. Then there are steps among toys on the floor. Going outside or to the store, means a lot of careful steps, making sure I don't kick against an uneven sidewalk or street.


Then there is our spiritual walk, which also needs much discernment. I think the most difficult is the situations which are not clearly sin, but very deceptive. Almost like a spider spinning a web, waiting to trap its victim. The web can be a beautiful work of art, but oh the trap it really is! That's how I see some things..."there is more than meets the eye." There is an underlying reason for things. Is this God that is showing me things? I believe it is, and for my good.


My prayer is that we do not walk blindly into things that appear beautiful when in reality it is far from truth. Matthew 15:8 "‘These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me." Many people today know the religious lingo, but their hearts are not honoring the Lord.


There are many examples, but one that I see very prevalent is wealth, love of money. Many people are deceived by wealth. Many youth follow after the celebrities, how deceiving! When the cameras are not on them, many have miserable drug driven lives. Yet that is not shown to society. Money is not the problem, but the love of money is a trap that many fall into.


Again, the only way to know the difference between truth and lie, is to know the Truth, God's Word, and the Truth shall set you free. Praise the Lord.


God bless you


No comments: