Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Suffering vs Glory

Psalm 119:71-72..not word for word, but it is saying, It is good for me to suffer so I can learn the laws of God.  So I thought maybe I don't know what suffering really is. The dictionary says suffering is to experience something painful or distress.

The value or advantage of my suffering should be to know God's Word better, to know who God is in a deeper way. The result of suffering should not be anger at God, complaints, or discouragement. As I see the scripture, suffering is a positive experience, at least should be. Ouch.

God loves us so much, He wants us closer to Him. Just as parents do not give children everything they want, but will discipline them to know the rules of the house, and hopefully those rules are also the statutes of God, the principals God has set forth for each of His children. The learning process may be painful, but the end is glory.

God's glory, not mine. Not the glory of the world. It goes beyond what we can imagine. Suffering...do we pray for it. No. But when it comes, we need to thank God, and go beyond the pain. Our suffering is but for a season, His glory is for eternity. In the meantime, my desire is to learn His precepts, His word through the suffering.

So today, look beyond the suffering. Glory is on its way.
Have a good day

God bless you.

No comments: