Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sticky Mess

Last night I mopped the family room and kitchen floor. The kids were in the tub playing, so I thought it an excellent time to clean things up. And it was. It was clean and looked good.

Now it is supper time, you know what is going to happen, right? Yes, Promise, who seldom makes a mess at the table, if ever, somehow dropped her little bowl, and it went splattering over the floor. She looked at me, with tears in her eyes, "Grandma, I didn't mean to break the bowl." Of course, she didn't mean to make such a mess. But it happened and it was a mess. It took a while to clean up the pieces and clean the floor. Why couldn't that have happened before I cleaned in the first place?

That's how we are. Jesus calls us children, and there is probably reasons for that. He cleans up our life, and immediately we make a mess. Then He starts over again, cleans our mess again. Hopefully with each cleansing we learn a little and become a bit more mature. But sometimes it takes many times with the "mop" before we realize God wants us clean.

Rather than wait until we get so messy and "sticky" that it is hard to walk, why not just let God do His work as He wants, and realize after all, God is in control. Why do I choose to walk around in the sticky mess, getting slivers of glass in my feet, crying for the pain, but not wanting God to work on me to get the sin out of my life!

What miserable creatures we are! But for the Grace of God! Praise the Lord for His Grace. His Love. His patience. He knows we are but dust...

God bless you

No comments: