Wednesday, May 9, 2012

He Knows Me

Psalm 139:4 "Certainly my tongue does not frame a word without you, O Lord, being thoroughly aware of it."

This verse is quite humiliating to me. The day has just started, but God already knows each word I will speak today. Can you imagine? I don't even know what I will say. Yet God...He knows.  He knows my thoughts before I think them. That is too much for me to comprehend. 

But what is even more amazing that He continues to love me, in spite of my words and thoughts. It really does challenge me to make sure my words are words of love, encouragement, praise. When I have words of criticism, I soon realize I'm disgruntled at many things, my thoughts are not thoughts of thanksgiving.

I already know today will be busy and filled with challenges. My desire is in the midst of this I can praise Him and look beyond the activities to a God that knows all things. Perhaps you already have this all in order, but I'm still working at it.

Yesterday I felt like a pig in a mud hole. The only difference was a pig enjoys it. I felt like I was wallowing around and couldn't get out. I hated it. I didn't want to have complaining thoughts but I did. I didn't even speak out the complaints. Well, at least not all of them. I had work that needed to be done, but couldn't make myself do it. Now today, my work load has doubled.

Put on an attitude of praise, Barb, and get to work. God already knows all about my day. He knows the beginning and the end.  But He loves me with His everlasting Love! Rejoice! It is true, He really does. He knows my being. 

And He knows and loves you too!

Be blessed

No comments: