Thursday, May 3, 2012

Take a Survey

Patrick and I went to Office Depot this morning. The cashier was so helpful. After she had totaled our bill, she encouraged us to take the survey online and be sure to mention her name so that she can be in a drawing at the end of the month. I'm sure you have been asked to take surveys for different businesses. They want to know how they are doing.


When is the last time you have taken a spiritual survey on how you are doing? Maybe, just maybe we should ask other people to give us a survey on how they see us. We could be surprised what we find. Oh I'm not speaking of comparing ourselves with others. We can always find someone who is "worse than me" and therefore, I'm pretty good. Do you have any idea what I'm talking about? And then, if someone should be so bold and blunt to confront us on an issue, do we tend to be defensive or receptive?


My reading this morning Psalm 119:9-11 "How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word. With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments!  have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you."

This is very convicting. My desire is to daily take a survey according to the scripture, but I fail. With my whole heart is bolding out to me. This is not part of my heart, not part of my life. It is the whole deal, not holding back. If God did a survey form on me, what would it look like?

I'm off to do a survey on Office Depot...
Take a survey on your life, according to the Word of God.

God bless you

No comments: