Friday, March 2, 2012

Forgetting Those Things

This morning the start reality hit me that I forgot to blog yesterday. I also forgot to update the prayer calendar on our website. I forgot to write some emails (for those of you who are waiting...don't lose hope...I will get it done sooner or later).

The distraction was that my Patrick came home after 6 weeks away!! It is so good to have him home. How much easier it is to sit and talk rather than on a phone that will probably cut off communications before we are finished. He gets to rest for 2 weeks then it is off to the "battle front" again.

I was thinking about when we get to Heaven, and we will also forget...all the tears, pain, sorrow, suffering. All these things that are so much a part of our lives now, will be no more. I really can't even imagine it. I can't imagine the glory either, but to have glory and worship without interruption in our thoughts about something painful? What a homecoming!

But until then, I mustn't forget so many things. I'm trying to stay focused, but my mind seems to find it's own path for remembering. Those things I should forget, I can't and those things I remember aren't always so important. God knew my feeble mind.

But for the moment, I am so thankful to have Patrick home.

God bless you


No comments: