Sunday, March 4, 2012

Birth Day

A lot of memories today....26 years ago Rachel was born, our daughter. I remember when I first saw her, I couldn't believe how beautiful she was. Of course, all mothers see the beauty in their baby. According to Patrick she was supposed to be a boy. For a whole nine months, he knew she would be a boy. But she wasn't!

The mothering instinct is always in a mother's heart. I'm sure that is why we make good grandmothers. Smile. I must say, I enjoyed every stage of our children, yes, even the terrible two's, which I thought it was an adventure and not terrible. Maybe I was blinded?

I loved to watch them start to process life. Oh and the joy when they first cited their own prayer! First smiles, first words, first steps, first teeth. So many things.

I believe God takes as much, or more joy, when we as His children first come to Him. The Bible says there is rejoicing in Heaven when one of his little ones come to Him. What a party that must be! If it is such rejoicing when we give our lives to Him, what rejoicing it must be when He calls one of His own home to be with Him!

Just as mothers rejoice when we see our children share a toy, so also I believe God rejoices when one of His children shares a cup of water to a thirsty person. I believe He rejoices when He sees us comforting one another, just as a mother comforts her little one.

Too many times people see God as a harsh judge, but today let's see Him as a caring and loving "Mother"! He does love and care for us, even the details of our lives. He heals our broken hearts, He sees our wounds and bruises.

"He is the Lord, the Lord God, merciful and gracious, long-suffering and abounding in goodness and truth, keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, by no means clearing the guilty visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children and children's children to the third and the fourth generation." Ex 34:6-7

This is the God we serve
God bless you

No comments: