Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Under His Wings

Psalm 91  is a great Psalm that shows me I will have problems and trials, but God will cover me during those hard times. 
Verses 1-4 There are 3 phrases that promise me His protection: 
                     rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
              He will cover you with his feathers, 
               and under his wings you will find refuge; 

I think of wings being open and a wide wing span such as an eagle. But that wouldn't work as a protection because a bird would be above me with its wings open. Troubles are all around me, so to have wings above me wouldn't protect me.

Yet the wings of Almighty God, protect and cover me no matter where I am and even with the arrows flying by day and terror strong at night, His wings will cover me. His wings are a refuge.

The Psalm have so many word pictures, and I love it. I can imaging arrows flying by day, and terror by night which  I have experienced many times. Maybe not arrows, but certainly gunshots often by day and night.

The past couple days, I feel like I have been MIA (not Miami, but missing in action). God has given me a quietness and peace to relax, read, pray, play with the kids, and basically enjoy life. And I have. So when I read this Psalm this morning, it was a reassurance that I can rest in the Lord. I can soar to newer heights on His wings, and at the same time be protected under His wings.

I pray this gives you comfort tonight when you go to bed. 

God bless you


No comments: