Thursday, March 8, 2012

Insults

1 Peter 4:14 "If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you."


I was insulted this morning...by someone who should know me...but obviously not! Almost as if that person was saying Patrick and I take advantage of people for our own comfort, but of course it is for "missions." I did what I shouldn't have done. I defended us. I hope I never will do that again. I'll let God take care of the situation. 


How we hate to be insulted! Our impulse is to start our defense. We want people to understand us and we want them to know why. If we are insulted for Christ, it is a blessing. We don't need to defend the Gospel.


But most of all, what we do is, keep quiet about our faith so that insults do not come. We quickly express our opinion in politics and other non-threatening issues. But let the Name of Jesus be proclaimed, we turn our heads, after all, "we wouldn't want to offend someone."


Enough said for now. 


I will not be blogging a few days...off for a weekend in a Mission conference. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. 


God bless you

No comments: