Thursday, March 29, 2012

God's Tenderness

Rev 7:17b "....and God will wipe away every tear from their eye." John 14:18 "I will not abandon you as orphans..."

There are those days that we wipe "endless"tears from the eyes of little ones. There are days when we encourage Promise in things that have happened in school. We hug the scrapes and bruises she gets on the playground. The other day she said, "Sometimes I do something to my friends that I don't mean to do, and even though I tell them I'm sorry they still tell the teacher." This then became a lesson on forgiveness. There are those hugs during the night when Daddy hugs the hurt away from Zion when he falls out of bed.

God does this for us. He cares when we are hurting, lonely, misunderstood, and needing answers. Just as we can't protect our children so much that they never get hurt again, but the comfort in the midst of pain is a blessing. I picture God wiping my tears with His Hand, but saying, "pain is but for a season, and you will learn valuable lessons."

I love the "mother" tenderness of God. He is often viewed as the disciplinarian of a father, a judge, and he is that, but He also is a loving and compassionate God.

God bless you

No comments: