Saturday, March 31, 2012

God's Voice

John 10:27 "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me."


I am a firm believer that God builds each of my experiences on another. Each experience prepares me for the next one.


There are so many "voices" calling to us. The world is full of voices, yet if we are God's child we know His voice, and we know when He speaks. Sometimes He calls loudly through experiences, through another person, His Word. Sometimes it is a whisper in our spirit. He is not limited to the avenue He may use.


There is a family reunion scheduled in a couple of weeks. I am not big on reunions but this one I really was excited about. Plans were made, I hung up the phone, and immediately I knew in my spirit I was not to go. I battled for a day about this. I see no reason for me not going, but the answer was quite clear "you are not to go." I did say, "Yes, Lord." I called my sister and told her I won't be going. I don't know the "why" behind this. I just know I'm not to go.


Later in the day, I was reading books to Promise. Every story had to do with obedience. She chose the stories. She had no clue they were going to have a lesson on obedience. Smile. 


Yesterday I was talking to the Lord, and He reminded me of a verse I blogged a few days ago. "thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven." I remember clearly deciding this meant to immediately obey without question. I think I have my answer. He gave me a test of obedience. I may never know if there is more to my not going to the reunion, but that is not important. My obedience is important.


Listen for His voice.


God bless you.







No comments: