Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Becoming Sparkly

Psalm 51:8 "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me."

We sing this verse, we memorize it but do we live it? Do I live it? It comes with a price. Giving up self. To have a right spirit within me is to give up the ugly thoughts, and justifying them, toward others. Can we justify not loving someone who has been a bit unfriendly towards us? Or perhaps has been hateful towards us? So if we do not love them in spite of their ugliness, we become like they are. This is not a right spirit nor a clean heart.

I was speaking with someone yesterday who is justifying rejecting someone because they haven't been "nice" to them. This is not a "right spirit," neither returning good for evil.

There is a phrase in Dee Brestin's book, A Woman of Worship, "Purity comes with a very high calling." Oh God help me. I need to always react to others with a loving spirit and a right attitude.

God is not interested in my "sacrifices" if I do not have the right spirit in giving them. A cup of water to a thirsty soul has its reward, but if given in a begrudging attitude, we lose the reward.

I think of Promise's excitement after a bath, "Look at me, I'm so sparkly!" And that is what we are when we allow God to wash us with His Word and create a new heart within us. We become sparkly clean, as white as snow.

Let's become "sparkly"
God bless you


No comments: