Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Unsung Songs

A friend of mine posted the following on FaceBook this morning. I really felt it worthy to add it to my blog. I wanted to share it with my friends, but also wanted it on my blog so that, I can always go back and read it again and again.
It reminds me of all the missed opportunities in my life. Why did I back off, and not give that word of encouragement? Why didn't I make that phone call? Why didn't I share Jesus? Why didn't I write the love notes to my husband? Why did I live in the prison of my heart believing all those things that aren't true? Why didn't I....?
Sing God's praises and believe the negative no more!

Unsung Songs 

How many songs never sung,
poems never written, 
pictures never painted,
risks never taken,
bridges never crossed,
romantic words never spoken...
locked inside a lonely heart
the prison of another’s making...
are left unexpressed
because somebody
shamed us, abandoned us,
or perhaps silenced us
with a cruel word,
a thoughtless deed,
and said or just implied
we were not good enough,
and tragically
we believed them—
let this be the moment
we choose to believe them
no more...and sing, sing, sing



God bless you

No comments: