Sunday, January 1, 2012

My Desire

Philippians 3:7-10 "But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;"


The teaching at church was challenging and convicting. Challenging us into changes for 2012, but it will only happen if we change our way of thinking, believing, and acting. I don't like New Year resolutions. Most are without conviction, and hardly last into the first week.


But I am challenged to the question, "What do I really want in this year?" It is hard to evaluate that one, for you see, today feels just like yesterday. Today feels no different just because the number on the calendar page has changed. Do I want change? And why do we feel we need to wait until a new year begins to start on the road to change?


I desire to keep my focus on Jesus, and not be so focused on what this world has to offer. The world hates and holds grudges. I desire to love, forgive, love, forgive, and love again.


God bless you.



No comments: