Saturday, December 31, 2011

Do Not Remember


Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of old.  Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it?  I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. (Isaiah 43:18-19 NKJV)
What did the old year hold for you? Blessings? Regret? Sadness? New friends? Divorce? Death?
Whatever it was, God has new beginnings for each of us. I am not one to set new year resolutions. I find if I do I set myself up for failure.

What I do desire for this New Year is to walk closer to God. I want to lay my hurts and disappointments aside, and replace them with thankfulness and joyfulness. I want to dwell on God's goodness and not on my "I wants."

I am excited to see what God will do in 2012. Not only personally but also in the church, in the nations, and in you. Things may look like total devastation, yet God can bring beauty out of it. Even though, politically our world is falling apart, we need not despair. "Look up for your redemption draweth nigh."

Have a very good last day of 2011, and I will see you next year!
God bless you.

No comments: